So it's hard to believe, but I've been in Paris for almost two weeks!
This past week, we started our welcome program at Sciences-Po. On Monday, we had a big information session where we learned about the administrative procedures of the university. It's so much different than the US, and definitely makes me miss BC! We can't even change our own classes here, and there's no posted schedule of open classes.
On Tuesday, we started our French and Methodology classes. We have each one for 2 hours each day. The French class is a lot of fun, my professor's very entertaining. I'm in a group with kids from all over the world. Aside from the US, we have a Norwegian, a Brazilian, an Australian, a Russian, a girl from China and a guy from Korea. It's really cool to have such an international perspective. The methodology class is really hard. Sciences-Po has a whole different system of grading and papers than we do in the US, and apparently it's different from the rest of the French universities too. It's really hard to forget how we've been taught to write papers in the US. It's good that we have this class now though, before actual classes start. I've already had to do two awful group presentations, but I should be done now.
I haven't gotten to do much exploring of the city, which I'm disappointed about, but hopefully I'll be able to do more soon. Our classes will calm down next week, so I'll have more free time. I'm going to Versailles tomorrow, so that should be a lot of fun. I have to go get ready for the day, but hopefully I'll post more soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment