Sunday, May 3, 2009

Disneyland Paris!

This weekend, we had a long weekend for French labor day. Because we all have so much work, we planned a trip on Friday to Disneyland Paris. Originally 5 of us were supposed to go, but come 9am Friday morning, only Cathy and I made it to the RER (the train out the suburbs).

The train was completely packed with lots of families. After a laborious ticket getting process (typical France), we made our way into the park. We thought we would get student discounts, but since it was a holiday, we had to pay full fare. But we got park hopper passes, so that we could go both to Disney World and Disney Studios.

We started in DiscoveryLand driving cars. Then we headed to Fantasy Land to do the quintessential rides, It’s a Small World and the Teacups. We grabbed lunch (gigantic American hot dogs and French fries)and then headed to Disney Studios. Cathy went on the Aerosmith roller coaster while I caught the High School Musical show (High School Musicaal: La Fete!). The we went on the Aladdin magic carpet ride, which was silly, but fun. After that, we saw the Moteur Action Stunt Show and another one called Cinemagic.

From there, we headed back to the other park, since the Studios were closing. We checked out Thunder Mountain, but there was a 90 minute line and fastpass wasn’t working, so we headed to Pirates of the Caribbean. Then Cathy went on Indian Jones while I got online for Thunder Mountain (my first roller coaster ever!). It was sooo much fun and I survived! Definitely a good first roller coaster. We went to a Mexican place for dinner and waited forever! After one more ride, I did some souvenir shopping for my little neighbors and then we headed back to the RER.

A long day, but all in all a great day. It was so bizarre that everything was in French and English. I hadn’t been to Disney in so long that it was hard to remember if it’s like the one in Florida or not. It definitely felt similar though, a little taste of the US in France. The weather was great too…sunny and not too hot!

8 weeks from today I’ll be back in the US! I like Paris, but I’m definitely ready to be done with school for the semester and SO excited to get back to BC. Lots to look forward to in the upcoming weeks…
Mom and Dad 2 weeks from today
Chris, Meaghan, and Hirsy at the end of May
Sam…June 9-ish


I promise to better about updating in the upcoming weeks. As usual, all my photos are on facebook for you to stalk!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good time! Sounds pretty much like the Disney I know (and i know Disney probably better than i know anywhere else). Enjoy your last few weeks in Paris! I've definitely been sad that we couldn't have time to spend together this semester but I'm glad you seem to be having a great time! Hope to see you at some point this summer!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete